Sunday, March 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Brooklyn!!!

Well here it goes, we'll see if I can actually get this post to work. . .

Brooklyn celebrated her 1st birthday this week. I can't believe she is one! Luckily she is still pretty small so I feel like she is still my baby. She is walking now and is starting to realize how much more she can get into, not really good for me, she particularly likes pulling things out of the cupboards and playing with the dog food. She is very dramatic and can go from being totally happy, to bawling her head off with big crocodile tears, and then back to happy in less than a minute. I feel kindof bad that I laugh when she starts crying but I can't help it she is just so cute.

Anyways, we started off the week by taking her to get her pictures taken. I think they turned out really cute.





Friday was her actual birthday and on Saturday we had a party for her. It was a lot of fun with family and friends. Brooklyn's cake was made by one of my neighbors and Brooklyn did a great job eating it and playing with the frosting.


Oh yeah and by the way, during the party, Lucy was outside jumping on the trampoline with a few other kids and we all hear crying. I look out the window and see Lucy holding her leg and crying. Talk about de javu. Anyways, after the party we ended up taking her to the ER and luckily it's not broken but she does have a contusion (basically a really deep bruise that goes all the way to the bone) so they had to put a splint on it and we are supposed to follow up with an orthopedist next week. It is not the same leg she broke before, and it is on her shin, not her femur, but I can't help thinking I've done this before. . .


4 comments:

Wendy Jean said...

Thanks for posting. Poor Lucy. I'm sure she is not happy about having her leg wrapped up and sore. Do you know how long it will take to get better? I enjoyed seeing Brooklyn's pictures and BD video. Her pictures did turn out cute. Happy Birthday!!

Mrs.Goates said...

I'M SO HAPPY!! I was just telling Mom and Dad that I would have to get after you to post pictures so I could see Brooklyn on her 1st birthday. She's so cute... I love the cake - she'll definitely have Elaine's cake beat hand down. Sorry to hear about Lucy, hope she feels better soon!

Jan W. said...

The pictures of Brooklyn are so adorable. I hate having to make decisions on which one I like best! It's such a hard thing to be the grandmother of such cute grandchildren! :)
How is Lucy doing? She looks pretty pitiful! How are you doing? Did she get crutches yet? I feel bad for all of you, but am so glad it wasn't broken! That would have been really lame!

Ethatch said...

Hey Nikki,
What cute girls you have and thanks for permission and so quickly! Poor Lucy--hope it heals before spring break. That little Brooklyn is a show stopper, takes me back to when you were little. I hope you don't mind if I keep checkin in from time to time. The world is so much smaller and funner this way.
Love ya,
Marge