Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Day!! and Early Merry Christmas to Me!!

So I have been really wanting an SLR camera for quite a while now.  Last year my Dad got a Nikon D60 and everytime I go over there I love playing with it.  So when the new Nikon D90 came out it became a huge want for me.  But, it is quite expensive and Billy and I weren't sure we wanted to spend that kind of money right now.  I had pretty much decided we shouldn't get it but Billy surprised me and let me open an early christmas present and it was the camera!  So far I love it.  

When we woke up this morning there was a fresh blanket of snow on the ground.  (For those of you not in the Seattle area, we have had snow off and on for the past few day.)  Billy called me with the school report and it was 2 hours late, which it has been all week.  With the fresh snow, it was the perfect opportunity to try out my new camera.  Here are the results.



This is what we call the Daddy Lift.


Did I mention it takes video too?

This is my favorite of the day!

While we were out playing the school changed their report to "School Closed" so we get to play all day.

6 comments:

Jan W. said...

Wow! Those are awesome! I think a good camera is something where we will never suffer from "Buyer's Remorse"! Enjoy and keep posting!

Unknown said...

That is cool. I too am enjoying a day off today!!

Kristi said...

Cool! The pictures are great! Still snowing here too - we are waiting for on last thing to get canceled and then we are "snowed-in".

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

beautiful shots!!!! I was reminded of a very cold Christmas morning with me taking all your pictures. Hopefully your kids were better sports about it than you were :).... Merry Christmas!

Devon said...

I'm jealous! That is my camera want also. Great pictures, and I love the fact the kids are getting a true December right before Christmas.

The Goates Herd said...

Those are amazing Nikki - you have real talent - I know whose taking Elaine's next pictures! Love the snowboarding - saw Snoqualmie opened today - were you there?