Sunday, January 30, 2011

Flash Back-September

Since there wasn't much to blog about in October, besides Halloween which I actually already blogged about, I'm skipping to September.  September, as always, means back to school.  This year I was surprised to find that I didn't want my kids to go back to school, I enjoyed our schedule free summer but I guess they need to learn and grow so off they went.

 Lucy had some big changes this year, a new school and a new teacher.  So far she has enjoyed it overall, the change was a little hard at first, but she has made some new friends and is doing well in all her school work.
 Noah started 1st grade, which means all day school.  He wasn't too thrilled and all month I kept thinking he should be getting home soon only to look at the clock and realize it was only 1:00 and he had 2 more hours.  He is doing good at learning to read and he REALLY loves Math and Recess.  He also played soccer again and loved it. 
High 5in' the coach after he scored a goal!

Good Kick Buddy!


Nicholas went into 7th grade this year.  We were sightly surprised to find out, when we picked up his schedule, that he had qualified not only for Algebra (which we knew about), but for honors Language Arts and Social Studies too.  Language Arts has been a bit of a challenge for him but he continues to try to do his best (and since its the end of the semester when I am actually typing this, I can let you know that he got 4 A's and 2 B's on his report card, so he's doing pretty good).  He also decided to try football, so that was fun to watch.  
Niko is #64



In the middle of the month I got to sneak away with my Mom, Grandma, and sisters for our annual girls' weekend.  This year we went to Orcas Island in the San Jaun Islands.  It was beautiful and fun and crazy like always.  We always have such a fun time together!  We look forward to this weekend all year!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome post. Way to go Niko on the good grades!! It was fun to see pictures of football too, since I never made it to a game.

I love the look of excitement on Noah's face before going to school!! I can attest to his love of math, the weekend I stayed with him he wanted me to teach him multiplication!!

I am glad Lucy is enjoying her new school and has made some friends. Keep up the good work, Lucy!!

Mrs.Goates said...

Cute kids as always Nik, and I love the Girls' Weekend page... Did you have a template for that or wing it?

You rock.

Jan W. said...

Yep, thems some pretty cute kids there!

Way to go, Niko! You're awesome!

Love the Girls' Weekend page too. I'm feeling more inspired now to get busy with scrapbooking after looking at yours and Annie's (Just Showing Off) posts!

Nichole said...

Annie-I have a template.

Jan W. said...

Yeah, its me again. Where did you get the template? I love that you were able to get Girls' weekend on one page. It took me what? about 12 or so pages to do 2007. I think I'll get a hard copy of it and frame it.