Monday, February 14, 2011

Miss Auburn!

As you might know, Lucy has been participating in the Miss Auburn Little Sisters program.  Basically they assign each contestant in the Miss Auburn pageant 2 little sisters that are elementary school age.  The girls get to do fun things with their contestants and get a glimpse at what it might be like to be in the Miss Auburn Pageant. (Just fyi Auburn has the highest scholarship amount of any other local pageant level in America, this year they gave away over $50,000 in scholarships to the contestants.)  It has been really fun for Lucy. 

Friday night the "Littles" (little sisters) got to perform a dance routine and then sit back and watch the contestants perform the Talent part of the competition.

This is for my dad, he always used to take close ups of our eyes.  As a parent, I can understand why, I love my kids' eyes and Lucy's definitely have that sparkle.
I think I am in big trouble in a few years!

On stage doing her dance



Saturday night the Littles got to perform the dance again.  Then they also got to walk on stage and be introduced with their contestants for the Evening Wear competition.  Lucy was so excited to get all fancied up.

I asked my friend Joanna if she would do Lucy's hair and make up.  Joanna LOVES all things girly so she was all over it.



I think she likes the finished look.

Dressed for the dance number again.

You Go Girl!

"ok, have you taken enough pictures yet?  I wanna get on stage!"

Just a little excited!

On stage with Melissa, Lucy's contestant, and Brianna, Melissa's other little sister.

Awww!


Melissa didn't win but she was a fun big Sister for Lucy.  Poor Lucy is cursed with the Wells' crying gene (basically we cry over everything and then it shows for hours afterwards)  She was sad that Melissa didn't win.

This is Lucy with the current Miss Washington.  I guess she was the 3rd runner up in the Miss America pageant in January.  That's pretty good for Washington!  

Overall, it was a ton of fun and I know Lucy wants to do it do it again.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun, what a special experience for Lucy!!

Mrs.Goates said...

How great- and she is a beautiful! I think that you are wrong about the few years... You should probably start worrying now. I can't believe how grown u[ she looks.

Jim W. said...

If I told you once I have told you a hundred times don't let them grow up! Next thing you know she will be as cute as her mom. Neat experience! Annie is right I think you are wrong about a few years.

Kristi said...

I'm glad it was such a great experience for her. And she looked so pretty.

Jan W. said...

She's so beautiful! It's probably a good thing we didn't come. I would have been crying the whole time! Stop it right now, Lucy! Can't you stay 9 forever!

Wendy Jean said...

I didn't know Lucy was doing that. How did she get involved? What a fun experience and Lucy looks beautiful! I love all her long curly hair and her big sparkly eyes! Can't wait to do Heidi's hair like that someday and put make-up on her. Fun!