Tuesday, January 17, 2012

continued. . . and concluded!

Day 9 (Pack up and Hollywood Studios)

On Monday, we had to get everything packed up and cleaned up before we headed to the park for one last day of fun.  Before we all left we got one last picture all together.  




After we all said our good byes, we headed to Hollywood Studios to finish out our Disney World adventure.  We had a great day!  One of my favorite moments of the whole week came when I got to ride Tower of Terror with my Sister in Law, Jessica.  There had been talk all week of how fun she is to go on rides with because of the way she screams.  Lets just say, she didn't disappoint.  I was laughing so hard that I couldn't scream.  Even the complete strangers who were on the ride with us said that the best part of the ride was listening to us.  It was awesome.  Thanks Jessica!  We also had fun on the new Star Tours ride.  They have completely redone the movie and there are 3 sections that are randomized, creating over (I think) 50 different combinations.  We went on it twice and it was completely different both times.  Billy was even pointed out as the Rebel Spy.  We also enjoyed Rockin' Roller Coaster.  Brooklyn and I enjoyed the Little Mermaid Show.  We all liked the One Man's Dream attraction which takes you through the life of Walt Disney.  Billy got called up to be in the Indiana Jones Stunt show and last but not least, we watched Fantasmic, the night time show for Hollywood Studios.  It was really cool.  It was after that, that our vacation started to go down hill. . . 

I LOVE this picture of Billy and Brooklyn!





Here is a video of Billy in the Indiana Jones show.  Sorry the quality isn't that great, I only had my phone to video with.


Day 9.75-10 (Traveling Home)

So, as I said after Fantasmic our vacation took a turn down hill.  As soon as the lights came up, Lucy just started puking. . . A LOT!  Luckily we were pretty much done.  She seemed ok once she stopped throwing up, so Niko and I decided to hit Tower of Terror and Rockin' Roller Coaster one last time as the park was closing.  I guess she wasn't ok because she threw up a few more times while we were in line. (Sorry, Billy)  We made it out of the park and headed to the air port, out flight left at 6am so we had decided we would just head straight there instead of getting a hotel for 4 hours.  All the kids fell asleep on the drive there.  Once we got there we tried to get a little rest before we checked into our flight.  Luckily Lucy was able to sleep a little.  Once we got up though, the puking started up again, the poor girl could barely walk, if we stopped for even a second she would sit down on the floor.  I will forever remember her crawling on her knees through security while puking into a ziplock bag. (oh yeah, good times!)  She has a hard time on flights anyway so the entire trip home she was pretty miserable.  She did manage to sleep for most of the longer flight, unfortunately she was using my arm as a pillow so I didn't get to move my arm for about 3 hrs.  We did make it home safe and sound.  Lucy stayed home for a few extra days.  Noah, who was still sick from the start of the trip, stayed home the whole week and only made it about half days of the next week.  I am happy to say that as of right now, (2 weeks since we've been home) everyone seems to be healthy.  Now if I can just get back into a routine that would be good.  







Overall, it was an amazing trip!  I am so thankful to the people who made it possible to go, especially my parents, for everything they did for us, and my sister Annie who let us borrow their van, while they squished their three kids into their little car, so we wouldn't have to rent a car for the week.  I'm so grateful I was blessed with such a fun, amazing family, and I can't wait for us all to be together again, even if it isn't in Disney World or anywhere "cool."  Its magical no matter where we are!

2 comments:

Jan W. said...

Nic, you did such a great job of capturing the week+. It was a magical week for us and will ever be remembered as such. My goal next week is trying to get some scrapbook pages done. I'll be referring to your blog posts often. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Great job Nic!! I too need to work on getting blogs or scrapbooks done. Love you guys!!