Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Continued...

  Day 3 (Magic Kingdom)

It turns out I didn't take a lot of pictures this day.  We had a ton of fun riding rides, watching parades, and meeting characters.  We did get rained on this day, for about an hour it dumped on us.  A lot of people ran for cover but we figured, "Hey, we're from Seattle, we can handle a little rain."  We were completely drenched after about 5 minutes.  We got in line for "small world" and by the time we got out the rain was done, but we were pretty wet and cold the rest of the day.  

This is just as you enter Magic Kingdom


Brooklyn waving to the characters in the parade.
After dancing with Goofy, Lucy and I snagged a picture.


Brooklyn was a great driver, We won the race!
Brooklyn was the most excited to ride the tea cups, judging by this face, I don't think she was disappointed.



After riding splash mountain, Brooklyn and I headed to main street to look for a sweat-shirt and blanket, (yes, we were still wet from the rain).  While I was in the store I heard an announcement that they were going to start some show, I knew it wasn't the fireworks show because it was only about 7:30, but I figured I would go check it out.  It turns out it was the most amazing show I have EVER seen! Somehow they project images onto the front of Cinderella's castle, all set to music, and it looks like the castle is completely changing and moving and it really is hard to describe but amazing to watch.  I didn't even have a camera or anything to take pictures with.  And there I was with just Brooklyn and no one else to witness it.  Well we finished our shopping and headed out to claim a spot for the fireworks. Eventually, some of the various families from our reunion met up with me and I tried to describe it and I'm sure they thought I was a total raving lunatic because I was so excited about it.  Well about an hour later they announced that they were going to do the show again, so I ran into the store and made them all stop shopping so they could see it for themselves, again, I'm sure I sounded like a lunatic, but MOST of them listened, {ahem...Dustin,} and they were not disappointed. I found a video of it on youTube but it really doesn't do it justice.  Anyway, I just have to say that Magic Kingdom is truly magical at night and especially at Christmas!






After watching the fireworks we sent Brooklyn home with my parents and sister and then went and hit up a few more rides.  It was a GREAT day!


No comments: